Pumpkin Spice Golden Chai Latte
Grab your favorite fuzzy socks, and turn on the fireplace, because we are in FULL fall season! Hello pumpkin spice.
That’s right, our seasonal favorite is here for only a brief time, so load up on this fall must have to spice up your roasted root veggies or sprinkle on your cafe favorites as you cuddle up next to the fire place this autumn!
This anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidants, sweet yet spicy drink will kickstart your morning whether you are bundled up already feeling the cooler air, or coastal living, daydreaming about that November seasonal change!
You may already be familiar with chai tea, seeing it on your local cafe’s menu, but what about golden milk?
In the wellness world, these pretty, golden, Instagram-able mugs have made their appearance on the popular page many times, popping up on your favorite plant-based food bloggers pages, combining chic and health, golden milk and turmeric lattes are a fall must try!
With the power house of benefits that come along with this special drink, no to mention their warming blend of spices like turmeric, peppercorns, ginger, and cinnamon, this drink will leave you with a blanket like warmth to fuel your fall mornings.
What is Golden milk?
Milk infused with turmeric, creates a beverage that is divinely golden in color, but also has incredible health benefits. It is mostly known for it’s anti-inflammatory effect and powerful antioxidants, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
This potent anti-inflammatory spice has over 150 potentially therapeutic and antimicrobial activities. Turmeric is the star ingredient in our latte recipe.
Combined with our full-spectrum CBD, these two ingredients are loaded with health and wellness goodness that can improve the reduction of inflammation for everything from aches to arthritis, as well as promote glowing skin, boost immunity, improve digestion, and the potential to reduce depression and anxiety. The benefits of turmeric are truly too many to even list here.
We decided to pair these two must have fall favorites, pumpkin spice and golden milk, in our sweet yet spicy Pumpkin Golden Chai Latte.
With a subtle flavor, beautiful color, and incredible benefits, why wouldn’t you add a little gold and spice to your life?
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice
- ⅓ cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Non-dairy milk, for serving
- 2+ tablespoons maple syrup or stevia sweetener
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the almond milk (or dairy free milk of your choice) and begin warming over medium heat.
- Use a whisk to stir regularly until all the spices are dissolved in the water.
- Allow to simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes so that some of the water can reduce and thicken the syrup/concentrate.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a glass container (if you use plastic, it will be forever stained yellow) and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, stir the concentrate because it will have separated, and then measure out 1 1/2 tablespoons (1/6th of the total amount) into a glass with 4-6 oz of warm almond milk. Stir and top with a dash of cinnamon and pumpkin spice.