Hearty Kale and Mushroom Polenta
“Why less may be more”
The adage “less is more” and “start low and go slow” is a growing trend amongst those finding their sweet spot while maintaining the benefits of cannabinoid products.
Many people who are new to hemp and cannabis consumption, are now turning to a commonly known controlled dosage called micro-dosing.
What is Micro-dosing?.
Micro-dosing adheres to a consumption technique that involves taking small servings of CBD supplements throughout the day. Instead of consuming a full serving worth of CBD at one time, the serving is split into smaller dosages and taken several times throughout the day.
By using the CURED spices throughout the day on varies meals, you can achieve your individual micro-dosing preference that will achieve sufficient daily cannabinoid levels which in turn helps regulate several bodily functions such as recovery, sleep, focus and more.
Hemp-derived CBD supplements are non-psychoactive, for that reason the user will not experience any euphoric effects no matter whether they take a larger serving size or multiple smaller ones.
However, utilizing micro-dosing in your usage of CBD can enhance the natural balancing properties of the component. By taking a CBD supplement several times throughout the day, you’re better able to maintain a stable cannabinoid level.
CBD helps the body and its functions run properly by supporting the endocannabinoid system, a major signaling network that plays a very important regulatory role in the secretion of hormones related to reproductive functions and responses to stress.
How much should I take?
Cannabidiol and other cannabinoids are known to be nontoxic, with no known fatal overdose levels ever reported.
Finding a dosage that works for you, takes experimenting and patience. Start with the serving size that is listed on the bottle or jar, then take more as needed. Everyone’s endocannabinoid system is different.
This is a suggestion and you may find that you’ll like to take more or less depending on your personal needs.
How can you micro-dose with your next meal?
Take a serving of our CBD Spice and add it to this savory, rich, creamy Italian dish!
- 1 1/4 pounds kale, stemmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups hemp milk
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces lions mane (or other choice of mushroom: crimini, oyster, and stemmed shiitake), sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium bone broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2-3 teaspoons CURED Roasted Garlic and Lemon Pepper
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Cook kale in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Bring milk, water, polenta, salt, and pepper to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, add mushrooms and 2 tablespoons oil to drippings in skillet. Sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in kale and add garlic and broth; simmer until broth is slightly reduced, about 6 minutes. Stir in thyme, lemon peel, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and an additional serving of CURED Roasted Garlic and Lemon Pepper.
- Whisk ghee and nutritional yeast into polenta and divide among plates. Top with kale mixture.