Cacao Adaptogen Energy Bar
From one fellow ‘on the go gal’ to another, this quick and delicious recipe will be your new go-to during those ‘rushing out the door’ type of mornings.
Hitting the snooze button one too many times, kids are running late, or dashing out the door to a 6 am workout class, this nourishing smoothie and CBD adaptogen energy bar will fuel you through your morning with a boost of energy while easing the stress away!
A spin on your nutty favorite, in this recipe I took the Cured Dough (a gluten-free, on the go, nut-based snack) and put a modern ayurvedic touch on it! Combined with a few favorite herbs, roots, and shrooms’, this bar packs a pure punch of cognitive, stress reducing, and body alignment benefits. If you’re fairly new to the adaptogen world, I’ll introduce these herbs and their healing powers! Go ahead and sit back, and nourish yourself with this two-layer smoothie and a 30mg dose of Organically Grown Colorado CBD for a quick read!
What are Adaptogens:
Adaptogens are non-toxic herbs and roots that have been used for centuries in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine that are known to support the body against physical, chemical or biological stressors. The name comes from their known ability to “adapt” their functions, depending on what the body needs.
Adaptogens are thought to provide a variety of health benefits, and scientists all over the world are studying the herbs’ ability to boost energy levels, balance hormones and soothe inflammation. Different adaptogens can help your body cope with a wide variety of ailments.
How do Adaptogens work with your body?
Adaptogens balance out your hormones and help calm stress levels – but there’s so much more these healing plants can do for your body and your overall well-being.
Your body’s stress system, the sympathetic nervous system, controls hundreds of pathways that are responsible for inflammation. With the hectic, non-stop, modern world we live in can leave us feeling exhausted, inflamed, exhausted, irritable and emotionally spent – all of which can lead to multiple imbalances in the body.
Working together to assist your brain and hormone system, adaptogens have a balancing effect on your hypothalamic-pituitary-endocrine axis. Your brain-adrenal (HPA) axis, brain-thyroid (HPT) and brain-gonadal axis (HPG) are needed to work in perfect harmony for a healthy mood, metabolism, energy, immune system, and sex drive. When your HP axis is unbalanced it leads to many health complications.
What are Adaptogens used for:
Bringing your body back into balance, these herbs work to ease the stress of everyday physical, emotional, and environmental. They can calm you down and boost your energy at the same time without over stimulating.
Adaptogens have the potential to:
- Lowering cortisol levels
- Regenerating brain cells
- Alleviate depression and anxiety
- Protect heart health
- Protect the liver
- Prevent and fight cancer
- Lowers cholesterol
- Protecting against radiation
- Balances the immune system
- Decreases fatigue
Adaptogens used in the Cacao Adaptogen Energy Bites:
- Maca: Providing your body with a well-rounded nutrient boost, this root is known for its ability to increase libido in both males and females. Working alongside your naturally occurring hormones, maca is an amazing plant to supplement with for both men and women. In males, maca has the potential to increase fertility after tested in several studies. For females, maca may reduce the sympotoms of menopause. The natural decline of estrogen in the body during this time can cause a wide range of unpleasant symptoms including night sweats, mood swings, and hot flashes. Studies concluded however that if a woman consumes maca for a set period of time, her symptoms may improve.
- CBD: If you are familiar with this blog, you know that most of these recipes are infused with CBD, organically Colorado-grown hemp to be exact. CBD oil is booming within the fitness, wellness, and general health industries due to its shown promise as a treatment for both depression and anxiety and aid in performance recovery. For example, one study found that CBD may help reduce chronic pain by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity, reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters.
- Lions Mane: Lion’s mane is known for its powerful effects as a “brain booster”, it is a strong catalyst for brain cell regulation. It is known to help improve memory, concentration, and cognition function. New research has found that lions mane mushroom extract has anti-inflammatory effects that can reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. The researcher believes that improved functioning of the hippocampus may explain the reduction in anxious and depressive behaviors.
- Cacao: this chocolaty bean was first used by the Maya civilization, and now is used by many for its amazing health and nutrition benefits. Starring as one of the most potent antioxidant foods on the planet. Rich in sources of polyphenols, Cacao is abundant in flavanols, which have potent anti-inflammatory effects.
With the easy-to-use delivery method and familiar nutty flavor, this on the go dough is also perfect for new users interested in CBD samples! Whether you are a new or experienced CBD user, a young college student, a working parent, or anything in between, Cured edibles are the best way to add flavor and supported nutrition to your daily routine!
-1.5 tablespoons Lions Mane Powder
-1 scoop collagen protein
-2 tablespoons cacao powder
-2 teaspoons maca powder
-Open & place Cured Dough into mixing bowl
-Add dry ingredients
-mid until all ingredients are combined (add a splash of nut milk if the dough consistency is dry and not forming together)
-place onto cooking sheet into square bars (or desired shape)
-place in the fridge overnight to harder