As more people learn about the wellness benefits of adding regular servings of cannabidiol (CBD) to their daily routine, a common question that still arises is whether using CBD oil at a particular time of day can maximize the supplement’s natural effects.
The Ideal Time of Day to Use CBD Oil
There are some considerations about the time of day and frequency of your CBD supplements to keep in mind. But to begin, we’d like to break a few stigmas.
Cannabis has been under fire for years, but as with many stigmas, CBD’s misconceptions stem from misinformation or a lack of knowledge about the real complexities of an issue. Sadly, trying to educate yourself on CBD can leave you totally confused if you are reading articles that include conflicting information.
For example, a few websites will claim that CBD is the ultimate insomnia cure, while a few others will state that it’s an all-natural energy stimulant that can keep you up at night.
With that blur in a proper answer, we don’t blame people for still being weary to take CBD oil in the morning from the thought that it will make them drowsy.
Although it’s true that CBD oil may serve as a sleep aid, it’s not ambien. CBD only boosts your endocannabinoid system, which inherently regulates your sleep-wake cycles. This means you start feeling more tired at night and more awake during the day.
While the best time of day to take CBD is not an exact science, there are a few benefits of taking CBD alongside your morning cup of joe depending on what you want to achieve:
Take CBD in the morning to…
- Enhance your sunrise workout:
- If you are an early bird, consider throwing CBD Caps into your gym bag for an easy on the go relief. Use it before your workout to get a head start on your muscle recovery. While you’re at it, rub on a soothing layer of our herbal infused Salve to warm up your muscles and revive your body before a tough sweat session!
- Help you cope with challenging moments:
- We can’t always know what life will throw at us, so taking CBD in the morning puts you ahead of the game. CBD engages with cannabinoid receptors in the brain to facilitate relaxation, plus we keep in the natural terpenes and flavonoids within our Full Spectrum CBD Oil which supports healthy moods and a healthy response to moments of unease.
- Kick the mid-morning brain fog
- You know those meetings where the “blurries” are harder to shake than usual? While CBD oil is not going to give a quick jolt (save that for the brain-enhancing Rise), CBD oil helps to promote a healthy state of balance in the mind.
Figuring out when to take CBD oil can take some trial and error and often depends on what you’re faced with day-to-day. But whether you want to elevate your morning mood, promote positive energy, or kick start your workout, CBD oil is a versatile partner to support a healthy start to your morning for both your mind and body.